Seminar: legal requirements for food packaging
For the consumer, a food product should be hygienically clean, fresh, convenient and distinctively packaged. At the same time, all laws and regulations for food packaging must be observed and complied with. Everyone who develops packaging materials for food, manufactures them, fills food products in them or distributes the finished products is caught up in this tension. A BFSV in-house training can also support you in this!
Packaging food in a legally compliant manner
- You will gain an overview of the regulations for food packaging in Germany and the EU
- You will know which regulations apply to food contact materials
- You will know the general requirements for food contact materials
- You understand how and why substances are approved or banned for food packaging
- General information on food packaging
- Legislative requirements for food contact materials
- Legislative requirements for the safety of food contact materials:
- Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004
- Food and Feed Code (LFGB)
- Decree on consumer goods
- Material-specific rules for good manufacturing practice: Regulation (EC) No 2023/2006
- Approval practice of materials
- Current issues on risk assessment of selected substances and materials
- where there is a risk of substances passing from packaging to food,
- what the risk assessment of individual substances and materials is and
- which general legal requirements apply to packaging of food, cosmetics as well as tobacco products.
Group of participants
Prof. Dr. med. vet. Katharina Riehn is a specialist veterinarian for food safety and meat hygiene, professor for food microbiology at HAW Hamburg and Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Public Health (ECVPH) in “Food Science”. During her work as a scientific assistant at food hygiene institutes she dealt with food safety issues.
Please see our Seminar Registration and Cancellation Regulations
Further seminar dates for 2023 will follow and will be published shortly.
We find answers for your questions
We convey competence, put packaging in focus and find answers to your questions - authentically, honestly, competently and without digressing. So that we can answer your questions, examine your products and expand your knowledge of packaging, send us your e-mail address and we will get back to you.
We are already looking forward to your very individual challenge!