Testing method according to FINAT specifications for adhesive labels and tapes
Does the label stick securely? Could it also fall off on the way?
But of course only if it sticks to the substrate. As soon as the adhesive strength decreases and the label peels off, all information is lost. The BFSV Packaging Institute offers tests that enable tests on the adhesive strength of self-adhesive labels and adhesive tape using the FINAT test procedures.
Label inspection is performed on original surfaces or standard glass plates
Tested are: Adhesive labels, adhesive tapes, self-adhesive labels and silicone coatings. Testing is done against standard glass plate or on the original surfaces.
The BFSV does not limit itself exclusively to testing adhesive strength; quality assurance is also considered scientifically: Are the label materials supplied in consistent quality or are inferior batches creeping in?
It should be a matter of course that your labels and adhesive tapes, whether developed in-house or purchased externally, meet your product requirements. We make sure that this is indeed the case.
- Quality assurance
- Data for the creation of purchasing specifications
- Identifying unspecified quality issues
- Data for reducing costs incurred
The testing machine is a Zwick Universal tensile and compression machine.
We offer the following FINAT test methods
- Finat FTM 1: Testing the adhesive force at an angle of 180° and a peel speed of 300 mm/min (material: adhesive material, test relevant for adhesive)
- Finat FTM 2: Testing the adhesive force at an angle of 90° and a peel speed of 300 mm/min (material: adhesive material, test relevant for adhesive)
- Finat FTM 3: Testing the release force at slow pull-off (material: adhesive bond, test relevant for release force)
- Finat FTM 5: Resistance to elevated temperatures (material: adhesive bond, test relevant for aging)
- Finat FTM 8: Shear strength on a standard surface (material: adhesive material, test relevant for adhesive)
- Finat FTM 10: Test of silicone coatings (material: release paper, test relevant for release force)
Head of Laboratory
Packaging Material Testing
We find answers for your questions
We convey competence, put packaging in focus and find answers to your questions - authentically, honestly, competently and without digressing. So that we can answer your questions, examine your products and expand your knowledge of packaging, send us your e-mail address and we will get back to you.
We are already looking forward to your very individual challenge!
Our accreditation & certifications
The German Accreditation Body (DAkkS)
is the national accreditation authority
of the Federal Republic of Germany.